Westwood Choir Welcome Packet
A letter was sent via postal mail and through Home Access to all parents of current choir members:
Greetings, Westwood Choir Parents and Students:
My name is Andre Clark, and I have the privilege of serving as the new Director of Choral Activities at Westwood High School with Assistant Director, Jennifer Alexander. Our first week of instruction has been filled with opportunities to get to know the students, make music, and assess where we are as a program – in terms of musical ability and the overall choir culture. Mrs. Alexander and I are excited about the opportunities with the choir students.
Attached, please find a digital copies of documents that we are sending home:
- 2017 Director Welcome Letter
- 2017 Westwood Choir Booster Welcome Letter
- Westwood HS Choir Emergency Contact/Medical Form
Choir Booster Club: The Westwood HS Choir program has an exceptional Choir Booster Club, who supports the program in and out of the classroom, through concert support and through scholarships available for private voice lessons and for our seniors to continue their vocal music studies in college. They ask that you complete the Westwood Choir Booster Membership Form to join the for the 2017-2018 school year. Our first meeting is Tuesday, September 5th, at 7pm.
Choir Events: Several events are well into preparation mode for the Fall. The OFFICIAL calendar for Westwood Choir events is the choir website [http://westwoodchoirs.com], located under the CALENDAR tab.
Choir Handbook: The Westwood HS Choir Handbook and the Round Rock ISD Extracurricular Code of Conduct is available online, and are available in printed form if requested. Several revisions were made over previous years, including the Letter Jacket Policy, which now requires 15 cumulative points for award.
The Choir Activity Fee has been lowered for all ensembles. If there is a financial hardship, please contact Mr. Clark directly – No student will be excluded from Westwood Choir activities due to financial hardship.
- The choir fee is $50, which includes the 2017 Westwood HS Choir Shirt, cleaning and alteration of the RRISD provided formal uniform, purchase of music and classroom supplies, including all materials required for class, and transportation for events throughout the year.
- Members of the Chamber and Varsity Women choirs have an additional competition fee of $35, which covers entry fees for the TMEA All-Region Choir Auditions and UIL Solo and Ensemble.
- Fees are due no later than September 13th.
Choir Forms: Forms we need completed /returned by Friday, September 8th:
- Student Contact Information/Travel and Medical Information (students will be provided a copy in class today/tomorrow)
- Handbook Acknowledgement Form (this is completed online)