Chamber Choir – Guest Performance at UT
Why are we doing this performance?
We were invited by Dr. Suzanne Pence, Associate Professor of Music and Human Learning/Choral Conducting and the Conductor for Concert Chorale to perform as a guest artist with the UT Concert Chorale. In recent years, choirs have been invited to share the stage with Concert Chorale, and we are fortunate to have been asked to perform. Additionally, we have an opportunity to perform collaboratively with the UT Horn Ensemble, directed Patrick Hughes, who is the father of Westwood ’20 Soprano, Elsa Hughes. Westwood ’19 alum, Cordell Foulk, will perform as a member of the Horn Ensemble.
Learn more about:
- The Lake Isle
- Vichnaya Pamyat
- Down in the River to Pray (with UT Horn Ensemble, Patrick Hughes)
- Unclouded Day
- Bogoroditse Devo (with UT Concert Chorale)
Consider parking in the San Jacinto Garage [map] if you are driving yourself. Remember, this is a PAID garage.
There is no parking without a pass in front of the Butler School of Music.
- Show up in your formal uniform
- Make sure that you pickup a bowtie/cumberbund or pearls before you leave on Friday
- String players are welcome to wear concert black
- 2:00-2:10 Westwood Chamber meet on lower level of Butler School of Music
- Riser set up (UT Concert Chorale crew)
- Westwood lines up in two rows
- Westwood help move in guitar amp and setup
- Westwood help move in string setup
- 2:10-2:30 Westwood Chamber Singers on Bates stage – run through and sound check
- 2:30-2:50 UT Concert Chorale and Westwood rehearse Bogoroditse Devo
- 2:50-3:30 UT Concert Chorale on stage at Bates
- 2:50-3:30 Westwood and UT Horn Choir work on “Down in the River” in assigned room
- 3:40 House opens to audience
- 4:00 Concert
Special thanks to our Westwood HS string players:
- Melody Yin – violin
- Angela Chen – violin
- Sonya Swami – viola
- Hannah Lu – cello
Also thanks to our collaborative artists:
- Phillip Brummett, guitar
- Stephen Maus, piano