News and Notes, 2018.01.08
- Happy New Year! Hope your time away (or here) was enjoyable and rejuvenating.
- Best of luck to our Area Candidates this weekend at the TMEA Area D auditions!
Happening This Week
- 1/9/18 – Westwood Choir Booster Meeting, Choir Room at 7pm
- 1/12/18 – Area Candidates travel to Waco
- 1/13/18 – TMEA Area D Audition – those who advance sing with a TMEA All-State Choir
- 1/15/18 – Student/Staff Holiday
- 1/17/18 – Westwood Parent Night
- 1/30 and 1/31/18 – Cabaret solo and ensemble auditions
- 2/7/18 – Cabaret Dress Rehearsal – all students
- 2/8/18 – Cabaret performance, “The Grammys,” at Round Rock ISD Performing Arts Center
- 2/9/18 – UIL Solo and Ensemble, at Hendrickson HS
Westwood Musical Theatre
Working, presented by Westwood High School – BUY WORKING Tickets
Friday, Jan 19 at 7:00 p.m. & Saturday, Jan 20 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.
Westwood High School Big Black Box Theatre, 12400 Mellow Meadows Dr. Austin, TX 78750
Ticket prices: Adult: $17.00 | Students & Faculty: $12.00 | 65 & over: $12.00
The characters of Working are everybody you know! In the course of one twenty-four hour workday, you’ll meet and hear the stories of various non-fictional characters working through everyday situations. But this musical is anything but ordinary. Working paints a vivid portrait of the men and women that the world so often takes for granted: the schoolteacher, the waitress, the millworker, the mason, the trucker, the fireman and the housewife, just to name a few. It’s a highly original look at the American landscape that reveals the myriad of hopes, aspirations, and dreams of working people.
With the modest set and orchestra requirements, universal subject matter and featuring a multi-ethnic ensemble cast of variable size, Working is an accessible, relevant and meaningful musical experience.
Booster Club Notes
Several items of importance will be discussed at the regularly scheduled booster meeting on Tuesday, January 9th, including many details about the upcoming Cabaret performance.