Westwood Staff & Students,
We have been notified that Kelly Reeves Stadium has a broken light fixture affecting lighting on a portion of the football field. Due to this outage, the game has been moved to 5:00pm tomorrow afternoon.
The administration, coaches, and program leaders are working on last minute plans to transport our game participants to the stadium for this earlier game time which will necessitate them leaving during the school day. In order to preserve instructional time, to ensure that all of our students have access to lunch, and to avoid the need for massive sub coverage, we will be running an altered bell schedule tomorrow 10/19/18.
Each block will be 83 minutes long. Individual coaches/sponsors will send out SRAs for their groups’ specific leave times. I want to thank our wonderful coaches, directors, and sponsors for their collaboration and tremendous flexibility in making these last-minute changes to an important week’s schedule. I also want to thank the Westwood teachers, staff, and students for their flexibility in what has been a wild week.The bell schedule for tomorrow (10/19/18) will be as follows:
- 2:18 – 8th period – students who are participating in the evening activities should come to the choir room. Students must be dressed in the following uniform: choir shirt (arrow), jeans, appropriate shoes.
- ~3:00 – Buses will shuttle students from Westwood HS to the home side BACK/WEST entrance. (see photo below)
- 4:15 – Middle school students will arrive, meeting HS students near the BACK/WEST entrance.
- 4:40 – Students will move to the field
- 4:55 – We will sing the National Anthem prior to kickoff at 5:00
- 5:00 – Once we have sung the National Anthem, students will move to the student sections with MS students. If a parent is picking up a student immediately after we sing, pickup is in the same location as dropoff.Those who are staying for the game must be picked up by a parent – there is not a bus returning to Westwood.