HS Region Audition (All Sections)
Saturday, October 8, 2017
Round Rock High School [map]
201 Deep Wood Dr
Round Rock, TX 78681
Drop off and pickup is at the front entrance of the school, which was moved about 3 years ago… Follow the map link.
7:15 am – Meet in the choir room
7:30 am – Depart for Round Rock HS [form – drivers]
8:00 am – Registration (see below)
9:00 am – Auditions begin
1:45 pm – All PM time requests should be on campus at this time. Enter the main entrance of the building, and follow directions.
What time is the audition over? It is nearly impossible to be accurate. It depends on too many factors, including how many students are in the section that the student competes in, whether there is an issue in the audition room, or the contest does not get started on time… so – here is the process.
- Students are assigned a badge number (see registration below)
- Students sing in order in their room, 1, 2, 3… until the last person in that room has sung.
- Students who do not have a ride can ride the bus home.
- Want to pick your student up before the end of the day?
- If you want to pick a student up after their audition, please print and send a copy of this note with them on the morning of the audition. [link – note]
- Once your student has sung, they may use their phone (in front of our chaperones) to call or txt for a parent to pick them up.
- Parents can then drive to the audition site. Park, then come into the holding area to sign your student out – we want to ensure they are being picked up.
What Should Students Bring and NOT Bring
- Original copies of the audition literature (no photo copies allowed) and a pencil.
- Money for snacks and drinks.
- Students MAY NOT bring any other electronic device into the audition venue.
- If students bring a cell phone, they MUST give it to a chaperone to hold until they leave the contest site.
- If students must use a cell phone after they audition they may do so ONLY in the presence of an adult and ONLY to call for a ride home.
- Students MAY be disqualified if they are caught using it NOT in the presence of an adult.
- Registration runs from 7:45-8:30 am.
- Upon arrival, All sections will register at their respective tables.
- Students will sign in, receive a badge which they MUST wear at all times, and a copy indicating the cuts.
- Immediately after registering, they should proceed to the cafeteria where they are to remain until they leave the audition site after they audition.
- PM singers have until 7:00 pm to show up.
- They should report to the front of the stage in the cafeteria to register and receive their badges.
- They will then be taken to their audition room as quickly as we can get them there.
What Happens After Registration
- Once students register they MAY NOT practice the cuts.
- They may study the cuts but not SING the cuts.
- A director will warm the students up.
- The cuts will be run twice with everyone after warm-up.
- Our goal is to have kids auditioning 15 minutes after registration closes.