HS Region Audition (All Sections)
Saturday, October 6, 2018
Round Rock High School [map]
300 N Lake Creek Dr
Round Rock, TX 78681
Drop off and pickup is at the OLD ENTRANCE DUE TO TESTING… Follow the map link.
- The top 24 students PER SECTION will sing in the All-Region Choir Clinic and Concert and earn a letter jacket patch.
- Chairs 1 – 18 will compete at the Pre-Area audition.
- Chairs 19-20 are alternates to the pre-area audition.
- Chairs 21-24 perform with mixed choir
- Chairs 25 – 48 in S1, S2, A1, A2 parts perform with the All-Region Treble Choir
Note: the S1, S2, A1, and A2 rooms will LIKELY be in zones. Thus, divide the top 24 into two equal halves: Top 12 are in the mixed, next 12 are in the treble choir.
7:00 am – Meet in the choir room
7:30 am – Depart for Round Rock HS [form – drivers]
8:00 am – Registration (see below)
9:00 am – Auditions begin
1:15 pm – All PM time requests should be on campus at this time. Enter the OLD entrance of the building, and follow directions.
What time is the audition over? It is nearly impossible to be accurate. It depends on too many factors, including how many students are in the section that the student competes in, whether there is an issue in the audition room, or the contest does not get started on time… so – here is the process.
- Students are assigned a badge number (see registration below)
- Students sing in order in their room, 1, 2, 3… until the last person in that room has sung.
- Want to pick your student up before the end of the day?
- Once your student has sung, they may use their phone (in front of our chaperones) to call or text for a parent to pick them up.
- Parents can then drive to the audition site. Park, then come into the holding area to sign your student out – we want to ensure they are being picked up.
What Should Students Bring and NOT Bring
- Original copies of the audition literature
- Ride On King Jesus
- Flight Song
- O Sacrum
- I Will Lift Mine Eyes
- Ich lasse dich nicht
- (no photo copies allowed) and a pencil.
- Money for snacks and drinks.
- Students MAY NOT bring any other electronic device into the audition venue.
- If students bring a cell phone, they MUST give it to a chaperone to hold until they leave the contest site.
- If students must use a cell phone after they audition they may do so ONLY in the presence of an adult and ONLY to call for a ride home.
- Students MAY be disqualified if they are caught using it NOT in the presence of an adult.
- Registration runs from 7:45-8:30 am.
- Upon arrival, All sections will register at their respective tables.
- Students will sign in, receive a badge which they MUST wear at all times, and a copy indicating the cuts.
- Immediately after registering, they should proceed to the cafeteria where they are to remain until they leave the audition site after they audition.
- PM singers have until 1:15 pm to show up.
- They should report to the front of the stage in the cafeteria to register and receive their badges.
- They will then be taken to their audition room as quickly as we can get them there.
What Happens After Registration
- Once students register they MAY NOT practice the cuts.
- They may study the cuts but not SING the cuts.
- A director will warm the students up.
- The cuts will be run twice with everyone after warm-up.
- Our goal is to have kids auditioning 15 minutes after registration closes.