HS Region Audition (All Sections)
Monday, October 7, 2019
Stony Point HS [map]
1801 Tiger Trail
Round Rock, TX 78664
Results will be posted here.
- The top 18 students PER SECTION will sing in the All-Region Choir Clinic and Concert and earn a letter jacket patch, and will advance to the PRE-AREA audition.
- Singers 19 – 36 in Soprano and Alto sections will make up the All-Region Treble Choir, but will not advance further in the process.
- 3:30 – Meet in the Choir Room, take roll
- Students who have turned in forms will drive to Stony Point
- Double check all original copies
- Take the Medical Bag – has the Medical Forms
- 4:00 – Depart via bus for Stony Point HS
- 5:00 – Bus arrives at McNeil HS
- Hand your phones over as you depart bus
- 5:45 – Registration closes
- 6:00 – Auditions begin
- 9:00 – Last auditions should be done
- As soon as you have auditioned, you can make a phone call to a parent for pickup. You cannot call prior… Cell phone use is in the presence of a Westwood HS Choir Chaperone ONLY.
What time is the audition over? It is nearly impossible to be accurate. It depends on too many factors, including how many students are in the section that the student competes in, whether there is an issue in the audition room, or the contest does not get started on time… so – here is the process.
- Students are assigned a badge number (see registration below)
- Students sing in order in their room, 1, 2, 3… until the last person in that room has sung.
- Want to pick your student up before the end of the day?
- Once your student has sung, they may use their phone (in front of our chaperones) to call or text for a parent to pick them up.
- Parents can then drive to the audition site. Park, then come into the holding area to sign your student out – we want to ensure they are being picked up.
What Students Should and Should NOT Bring
- Original copies of the audition literature (no photo copies allowed) and a pencil.
- Money for snacks and drinks.
- Students MAY NOT bring any other electronic device into the audition venue.
- If students bring a cell phone, they MUST give it to a chaperone to hold until they leave the contest site.
- If students must use a cell phone after they audition they may do so ONLY in the presence of an adult and ONLY to call for a ride home.
- Students MAY be disqualified if they are caught using it NOT in the presence of an adult.
- Registration runs from 7:45-8:30 am.
- Upon arrival, All sections will register at their respective tables.
- Students will sign in, receive a badge which they MUST wear at all times, and a copy indicating the cuts.
- Immediately after registering, they should proceed to the cafeteria where they are to remain until they leave the audition site after they audition.
- PM singers have until 1:15 pm to show up.
- They should report to the front of the stage in the cafeteria to register and receive their badges.
- They will then be taken to their audition room as quickly as we can get them there.
What Happens After Registration
- Once students register they MAY NOT practice the cuts.
- They may study the cuts but not SING the cuts.
- A director will warm the students up.
- The cuts will be run twice with everyone after warm-up.
- Our goal is to have kids auditioning 15 minutes after registration closes.