HS District Audition
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Location – McNeil HS
A link to results will be posted here.
- All Sections will audition this round, which is different than last year
- Note: the S1, S2, A1, and A2 rooms will LIKELY be in zones. The top 24 students per zone will advance to the Region round.
- The host school should have a concession stand available, serving:
- Chicken sandwiches
- Light snacks
- Westwood Choir Boosters are bringing:
What time is the audition over?
It is nearly impossible to be accurate. It depends on too many factors, including how many students are in the section that the student competes in, whether there is an issue in the audition room (cd player breaks, etc.), or the contest does not get started on time… so – here is the process.
- Students are assigned a badge number (see registration below)
- Students sing in order in their room, 1, 2, 3… until the last person in that room has sung.
- Want to pick your student up before the end of the day?
- Once your student has sung, they may use their phone (in front of our chaperones) to call or text for a parent to pick them up.
- Parents can then drive to the audition site. Park, then come into the holding area to sign your student out – we want to ensure they are being picked up.
What Students Should and Should NOT Bring
- Original copies of the audition literature (no photo copies allowed) and a pencil.
- Money for snacks and drinks.
- Students MAY NOT bring any other electronic device into the audition venue.
- If students bring a cell phone, they MUST give it to a chaperone to hold until they leave the contest site.
- If students must use a cell phone after they audition they may do so ONLY in the presence of an adult and ONLY to call for a ride home.
- Students MAY be disqualified if they are caught using it NOT in the presence of an adult.
- Registration runs from 7:45-8:30 am.
- Upon arrival, All sections will register at their respective tables.
- Students will sign in, receive a badge which they MUST wear at all times, and a copy indicating the cuts.
- Immediately after registering, they should proceed to the cafeteria where they are to remain until they leave the audition site after they audition.
- PM singers have until 1:15 pm to show up.
- They should report to the front of the stage in the cafeteria to register and receive their badges.
- They will then be taken to their audition room as quickly as we can get them there.
What Happens After Registration
- Once students register they MAY NOT practice the cuts.
- They may study the cuts but not SING the cuts.
- A director will warm the students up.
- The cuts will be run twice with everyone after warm-up.
- Our goal is to have kids auditioning 15 minutes after registration closes.