- Hospitality (Chair: Kellie Stevens)- Volunteers help with food and snacks for specific events (Choir Camp, TMEA Auditions) and rehearsals (Region Concert and Playlist rehearsals), coordinate with the booster board for needed donations for the homecoming tailgate, arrange for venue set up and food needs for TMEA Pre-Area Auditions and Playlist, the Choir Program’s Spring Show. Here is the recipe for our traditional dessert for choir camp and a choir favorite –> S’Mores Bars Recipe.
- Chaperones (Contact: Prerna Jain) – Volunteers attend TMEA (District, Region, Pre-Area, and Area Auditions) and other choir program events. Chaperones help distribute snack bags prepared by hospitality volunteers.
- Scholarships (Chair: Bridgette McComb) – Publish scholarship applications and hand out to students during the Fall semester; communicate scholarship opportunities to students; prepare email messages to be sent by Choir Directors to remind students about application deadlines; organize and facilitate scholarship selection; notify student scholarship recipients of award; submit scholarship recipient list to the Westwood staff member in charge of senior award ceremony (deadline: Feb 3rd); prepare letters and certificates for the senior award ceremony (event date: May 15th)
- Homecoming Parade & Pep Rally – The booster club will coordinate getting a truck and trailer for the homecoming parade, and booster board members coordinate with student officers regarding needed supplies for their float.
- Homecoming Tailgate (Contact: Michael Burns)– The Committee Chair coordinates with Choir Directors and request RSVP information from Middle School Choir Directors to plan for food needs (donated and/or purchased). Volunteers help coordinate helpers to help set up before the tailgate, to cook and/or serve food, and to help with cleanup. This is a fun event for middle school and high school choir students who come out to sing together at the Homecoming football game.
- Fundraising (Booster Board) – Volunteers assist with the annual poinsettia and fir wreath sale in November for delivery in early/mid December. The Westwood Choir Booster Club is a 501(c)(3) organization and accepts donations to help with special events, scholarships, and supporting the Westwood Choir Program needs. The boosters ask local businesses to purchase concert program ads to show their support for the program — and ask our members to support these business as well.Contact us for more information.
- TMEA Pre-Area Host (Chair: Open) Westwood will be the host for TMEA Pre-Area auditions on Tuesday, November 19, 2019. We will be asking for volunteers to help with hospitality for judges and concessions for students.
- Playlist 2020 (Chair: Cristie Skevofilax) – From January to April, this committee is busy planning and helping to coordinate the behind the scenes activities to make this annual spring show (and our largest booster club fundraiser) a success. Please consider donating time or resources to help out. The show this year is Friday, April 18, 2019.
- Membership Outreach – Returning families are asked to encourage new families to join and serve on at least one committee — and volunteers may be asked to answer questions and share their experiences as a booster club volunteer.
- Banquet – The booster board helps Choir directors and student officers with banquet planning and coordination. Volunteers will be requested via SignupGenius, if needed.
Have Questions? Contact Us
To find out more about how you can help this year, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.